Thursday, November 1, 2012

Crocheting the Week Away


Finished my table mat. I wish I had just realised I needed it longer to add to the ends before putting the border on.  Oh well, if it bugs me enough I guess I would frog the borders off.  But it's not likely.  


I've been getting some progress done on my ripple with my sidekick.  It covers over my feet and is up to my shoulders.  Maybe another foot to go.  


More length in on this scarf.  

I also just signed up for this winter's Handmade Gift Exchange.  I enjoyed doing it last year and have kept in contact with my Canadian partner Carissa who makes some great jewellery.  Check out her Etsy shop.

TGIF, it's been a long week.  But, yet another long weekend for me.  Yeah for vacation time.  Monday off. Mom's birthday saturday. Crochet, crochet and more crochet.  
Kitty update, my little guy has recovered quite quick and well from his teeth extractions last week.  The other one sneezing has seemed to get through it, thanks to anti-biotic meds from the other cat.  

Happy Weekend All


5 comments:

becktovintage said...

What can I say... There of them are so beautiful.. Whatever you make, all of them are so perfect and beautiful... Placemat colors are autumn colors and you know your ripple blanket is awesome as I really can't make ripple crochet and I am jealous..:))
And your scarf will be so pretty when It will be finished...
And and Your sweet cat.. Big big Hugs for your sweet cat..:)))

inka said...

I think the place mat looks better this way than it would look with just one border around - it would be to plain and boring, now it has a kick ;)
I haven't check it properly yet, but I think I'll sing up for this gift exchange, thanks for sharing this site!
xxx

Carissa said...

I love the stitching on that scarf! Thanks for the shout out! Has it really been a year since we "met"? Happy Anniversary ;) Thanks for reminding me about that gift exchange! I completely forgot where I signed up for it last year! Think I might do it again. I have been thinking of hosting one again this year but we'll have to see! Running out of time!

GrannyTaughtMeToCrochet said...

productive to say the least! your colour ways are always so lovely! xx

laydilyke said...

Thanks ladies. Beck, you will make a ripple one day. Time sure does fly by eh Carissa. Can't wait for my earrings!!